[tv]

home of clan [tv]

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-10-26 11:34:25

[tv] Fred G. Sanford
Administrator
Website

e-voting and how to steal an election

Here's something to give us pause as we prepare to head out to the polls. Of course everybody has heard me rant about how insecure e-voting is, but here is an article to give you an idea of just how big the problem is...

Over the course of almost eight years of reporting for Ars Technica, I've followed the merging of the areas of election security and information security, a merging that was accelerated much too rapidly in the wake of the 2000 presidential election. In all this time, I've yet to find a good way to convey to the non-technical public how well and truly screwed up we presently are, six years after the Florida recount. So now it's time to hit the panic button: In this article, I'm going to show you how to steal an election.

http://arstechnica.com/articles/culture/evoting.ars

http://sig.gamerdna.com/gamerdna-card-500-150/PopsSanford.png

#2 2006-10-30 08:49:24

Milton Bradley

Re: e-voting and how to steal an election

What so you believe it would take to get Fox News interested in electronic voting?

I haven't got a source yet, but I just heard on the [tv] that the alarmists over at Fox are now showing some major concern for electronic voting fraud.   

Why, you ask?

Well, the ( matter of factly given ) report followed closely after a report on a Democratic Senator who has stocks in the very company that will be counting his votes this November.   Then, they casually add, and we now know that  Hugo Chavez just bought some major stocks in some U.S. electronic voting companies.   

I guess it's the scrample for the source code, and the ability to determine who the winner will be.

The revolt is looking mighty close from here in one of the swing states.

How can we have a Constitutionally Limited Republic without the constitutional limitations?

Restore the Constitution, vote Libertarian for once in your miserable life.

#3 2006-10-30 21:00:06

[tv] Maxwell Smart
Cast Member

Re: e-voting and how to steal an election

...and did you know the same accusation of ownership interest of a company involved in equipment used in the Mexican electoral fiasco was none other than the winning candidate?

hmmm - Coincidence?  Maybe?  I say practice for US elections.

Riled as we may be, it doesn't really matter because they think we don't matter.  It's their game and we ain't invited.

http://www.satanscafe.com/images2/max.gif
What are you talking about, 99?  We have to shoot and kill and destroy.  We represent everything that's wholesome and good in the world.

Board footer